Spike’s “Blade” Trailer Premieres At WizardWorld

One of the many announcements and teasers released at Wizard’s Long Beach con over the weekend was the official trailer for Spike TV’s upcoming “Blade” series. They were handing out DVDs with the trailer on them in order to promote the new Sticky Fingaz vehicle and I have to say, it looks pretty enjoyable in that B-TV show sort of way. The new series could turn out being better than the movies once it hits the air, but at this point I’m just gonna be content with the fact that Fingaz looks and sounds good in the Snipes-originated role, and they’ve managed to keep the cool as hell dusting effects intact. Check out the trailer for yourself after the jump.

Sorry guys, we had to take our copy of the trailer down for a while due to the bandwidth killing us – we’ve gone double our monthly allowed bandwidth in the last 36 hours, and it’s gonna kill our wallet this month! We’ll try to get it back online soon, but in the meantime you can see a HUGE version of the trailer, over at CBR.

We have culled 15 sweet screengrabs from the trailer, however, that can be viewed here.

» Previous Post

» Next Post

52 Responses to Spike’s “Blade” Trailer Premieres At WizardWorld
  1. Jack Sparrow
    March 20, 2006 | 10:53 am

Looks like a fan film. Corny dialouge, an unimpressive lead actor and badly clichéd characters (you mean the suave guy with the Transylvanian accent who wants to “renovate the city” is REALLY a VAMPIRE??? Gosh…).

They could do a LOT better than this with Blade.

2. Robbo
    March 20, 2006 | 12:35 pm

Do you think Blade will shoot his gun in the show?

3. Khoojo
    March 20, 2006 | 12:48 pm

In my opinion, this trailer looks great especially for a television show. im really looking forward to it. WAY TO GO STICK FINGAZ

4. T Unit
    March 20, 2006 | 1:54 pm

Poorly executed trailer… but it’s probably made from unfinished materials. The shit doesn’t air until June!

SLAM!

5. k
    March 20, 2006 | 11:57 pm

WTF I DONT SEE IT!!!!

6. Brett
    March 21, 2006 | 12:22 am

I agree that this trailer looks like a fan film. I thought the guy playing Blade looked kinda short and young but now I come to find out he also can’t act. Looks like he is trying to be Snipes playing Blade other than trying to make the role his own.

7. RED HEAT
    March 21, 2006 | 3:10 am

Looks alright.. Would have liked another Blade movie with Mr Snipes myself but this is good enough to keep me happy until they bring the movies back to the big screen someday.

8. Vile
    March 21, 2006 | 4:39 am

I will check out the pilot and decide from there.

9. k
    March 21, 2006 | 5:26 am

k

10. C Unit- No I
    March 21, 2006 | 6:03 am

errr…. Where’s the link for the trailer?

11. godhimself
    March 21, 2006 | 7:25 am

no link?

12. Anonymous
    March 21, 2006 | 8:04 am

Damn, that looks off the chain to me!!

13. Deathgoyle
    March 21, 2006 | 8:07 am

let’s make some bets! I say it’s cancelled in the first 3 weeks!

14. metallikat007
    March 21, 2006 | 9:20 am

looks bad ass to me

15. Rubenn
    March 21, 2006 | 9:21 am

Whatever everyone else thinks I think the series will be at least better than the last movie, which in my opinion was craptacular. The series shows promise and looks to be more along the line of the first Blade movie. Plus there’s a hot chick in it. And if you close your eyes you can hear Snipes’ voice coming out of Sticky’s piehole.

16. Bangu
    March 21, 2006 | 9:26 am

1st mistake – Blade is Bald

17. Chaostic
    March 21, 2006 | 9:50 am

Besides how unreal everything looks,and horrible lead actor(how many wesley snipes look alikes are out there?I think they could’ve found one) I am betting when it airs people will watch it for at least 2 seasons,if not 3. But it looks like S H I T. With what movies can do for special effects, tv shows should at least be 1/3, not 1/30th.

I will watch it, and laugh my ass off watching it as well.

18. Daniel Brooks
    March 21, 2006 | 9:50 am

How was Blade 2? I only saw 1, which I liked…

19. AF Duncan
    March 21, 2006 | 10:05 am

Blade 2 is great. Even better than 1, which was a lot of fun. It’s best to forget about 3…

20. gloom_cookie
    March 21, 2006 | 10:11 am

Too shadowy, and not in a good way.

Hack acting, and that steps all over whatever story they can muster.

I hope they cancel it fast and bring back a Snipes film that ignores the mess from Blade III.

21. Atrense
    March 21, 2006 | 10:29 am

Why even have the character as blade?, perhaps he could be another half-breed which would stop him being in snipes shadow. But that’s a done deal now..

The villan doesn’t look good though, too camp and sterotyped. How about one who has emotional depth and isn’t the typical arrogant vampire..

22. Matt420
    March 21, 2006 | 11:03 am

WTF was that!!!! can we say flop. theres no way in hell thats gonna make it out of 1 season. They should of gave up on blade after the second movie. from the what ive seen in this trailer ,, i would rank this shit up there with V.I.P.

23. Anonymous
    March 21, 2006 | 11:53 am

give it a chance 2 sink or swim!

most of you internet geeks still
    got buffie posters on your fuckin walls…….lol

and that show sucked fried monkey ass!

24. Daniel Brooks
    March 21, 2006 | 11:54 am

I’ll netflix Blade 2 & 3 pronto. I’m curious to see how bad 3 was. Was it Daredevil-pseudo religious imagery bad? Or Captain America-rubber ears bad?

25. AF Duncan
    March 21, 2006 | 1:03 pm

Neither. It’s the worst kind of bad: inept, dull, and needlessly muddled.

26. JP
    March 21, 2006 | 1:03 pm

You guys need to all settle down. It’s based on guess what? A comic book! Stereotypical villians, yep, no problem here, you gotta remember that the majority of the viewing public is not comic readers to they will need to i.d. the BBEG with the Dracula-like accent. “Maybe it’s another half-breed” then they couldn’t call the show “Blade” now could they? For what it is, it looks good and it seems that they are going to do a decent job with it. Don’t nay-say it unless you can contribute something to make it better. Give it a chance, support it and write in about the plot point sor discrepancies that you might see so that they can fix those in the next season. I for one think that htis trailer shows that this project has some life and enthusiasm behind it.

Bad TV acting? Like there’s any other kind? Come on you are indemnifying this guy after hearing what, two phrases? He has his own style, and yet he is also trying to do homage to Snipes’ portrayal of the character. He has some big shoes to fill, let him do his best.

So what if He has a shaved head, that doesn’t affect the writing or plot lines any, give one good reason why the TV adaptation can’t have a style different from the movies or comic book.

27. cap'n harlan
    March 21, 2006 | 2:34 pm

Sorry this looks bad. STicky Blade looks bald, short thin, can’t act and is far far too young. I’ll watch reruns of Snipes anyday!

28. Chris
    March 21, 2006 | 3:02 pm

From the trailer the show looks ok. I think people should see the pilot episode and decide from there. Personally i wish they would have casted michael jai White as Blade instead Sticky Fingas. I have no problem with Blade being bald, since that was a wig on Wesley’s head anyway. All I hope is that he takes some acting lessons so that the more comfortable he gets in the role as Blade, the less he’ll try acting like Wesley Snipes in the movies.

29. neo_aa
    March 21, 2006 | 6:28 pm

You are a tool, don’t host a movie if you don’t want people visiting and looking at it… bandwith bitching is stupid.

30. Jacob
    March 21, 2006 | 7:24 pm

This is a sad day for me. I had hopes for this project. I was hoping they could finally take a comic book character and succesefully tranlate it to TV. Oh well.

31. Stephen Gerding
    March 21, 2006 | 7:29 pm

neo_aa (if that is your real name), I didn’t mean to imply I was pissed that people were visiting KFR to see the clip. On the contrary, I wish more people would have visited our humble site. What I do object to is tools that embed the movie file into their own website, leeching our bandwidth without KFR benefitting from a visit. That’s just plain uncool.

32. JP
    March 21, 2006 | 9:45 pm

Once again I say, don’t judge his acting on what two phrases he has in the trailer. Short, skinny, how can you tell, it’s dark and the camera angles are up and angled left or right of him so you really can’t be sure of that either can you?

33. T Unit
    March 21, 2006 | 11:18 pm

Since when is stealing uncool?

Oh yeah…

34. Daniel Brooks
    March 22, 2006 | 6:34 am

I actually think this has potential. The trailer wasn’t that bad.

35. Jack
    March 22, 2006 | 11:21 am

ha ha
    wow, it looks like total CRAP! why, on earth are they doing this?
    they should just take the trilogy, show it in 30 minute segments once a weeks, call it a mini series, and be done with it.

36. Dark Angel
    March 22, 2006 | 2:22 pm

personally for a tv series i think it looks dam good im a fan of blade the first 2 anyway wtf happend to the 3rd i wont know….i suppose its cos it had a wrestler init any film with a wwe wrestle init turns out to be shit (not including the rock his films are ok) for example goldberg in universal solider 2 wtf was that shit….anyway the blade series looks good kinda like the movies almost in a tv way and the girl in it DAMMMMMMMMMMM

37. Dark Angel
    March 22, 2006 | 2:26 pm

oh and were the hell has the trailer gone it was there yesterday now its gone

38. Speedy
    March 22, 2006 | 6:28 pm

about to cry !!!!, sooooo bad !!

39. Chakra Chaos
    March 22, 2006 | 8:33 pm

Hmmmm, this is a two cuting sword. I saw the trailer and donwloaded it. I can think this is a fan film, because they talk about a series. ItÅ› much better maded than the Star Wars Fan Movie, wich was realy awfull.
    On one side i must say, looks great, could be a great series. On the other side i must laugh. Where is Blades Haircut? Where are the Tattoos? O.k. to make Tattoos is expansive. The Haircut? Hahahaha they kidding.
    That the4 actor of Blade tryes to copie Snipes is the only way to play the character. Blade in the Movie isnt like the comics. If they make a series taken stories befor the first movie, it will be great. If they make stories after the 3rd Movie, it will be horribal. So let us surprise and who knows, maybe it will be a great chance, to make the waiting time for the 4rd Movie make smaller.
    Bye the way, I hope they make Part 4 and 5. Must not make a 6th Movie. But 2 more Movies without any Idiots who steal Blade the show will be great. One thing i hate on Part 2 and 3 is the thing with his Partners. Nightstalkers? Bloodpack? Great ideas, but not for 2 and 3. Better for 3 and 4.
    I hope they learnd for the series.
    We want Blade!

40. Agent Smith
    March 23, 2006 | 3:47 am

…a series will never be as good as a movie… but the girl in the series is nice..

41. T Unit
    March 23, 2006 | 2:01 pm

Agent Smith.

M.A.S.H.

Suck it.

42. dondi
    March 24, 2006 | 6:47 am

i’m hardcore fan also of snipes/blade,and i also wished that the coolest vampire character in all history would not go away with just movies. personally i knew mr snipes couldn’t be blade forever.the trailer don’t look so bad, but i have to agree with the others on the haircut,and the tattoos it seems like the excotic parts of the character is missing.they could of put tatts on his head to simulate a hair cut. make this tv counterpart distinctive, and seperate rom the buffyies’ and angels.

43. dondi
    March 24, 2006 | 6:53 am

one more thing we have to give this show a chance, so they know blade still hav fans.just don’t short change the character, and make it hardcore not campy.

44. auron
    March 25, 2006 | 1:48 pm

weres snipes,and who is that guy

45. Carl
    March 26, 2006 | 5:13 pm

I am a long time comics reader and fan of Blade…Wesley Snipes did a wonderful job of portraying the Daywalker, but he’s gotten older now.I have always been an Onyx fan and Kirk Jones aka Sticky Fingaz in my opinion has the mentality to make the character his own apart from the persona that Wesley gave the character.Good trailer, shows huge promise…can’t wait to see the episodes.Until then…”where’s the entrance…I don’t see any signs”…

46. XxFoxRedxX
    April 21, 2006 | 9:09 pm

I hear a lot of people say Blade 2 was good,I think someone said it was better than the first movie.I thought it was trying to be too cool,and the first Blade just was cool.Blade 2 had too much Techno Music and I felt like I was watching a Cartoon,which with Blade just didn’t work for me(It totally works for Spider-man cause the movie felt like I was watching the comic come to life.)I didn’t even see Blade Trinity cause of Blade 2 and after Wesley Snipes cried foul after the movie was done I figured I was doing myself a favor by not seeing it.I saw a clip of this Blade TV series a while back,and I have to say it looked like it was being filmed with a home digital camera on a tripod.A lot of you give complements on how hot the lead actress is,but all I have to say is hot chicks can only take a show so far.Oh yeah, and I invite all of you to check out my blog at AIM, it is called Super Etc.
    I hope to hear some feed back from as many people as possible.Check out my archives for some neat stuff you may have missed.

47. DL
    April 27, 2006 | 8:52 am

People will probebly watch the first 2 episodes, realize how much it sucks and it will be canceled

48. Angelus
    May 7, 2006 | 7:04 pm

It looks good, besides wouldn’t hurt to give it a try guys.

49. rob guitar
    May 16, 2006 | 5:49 pm

I am looking for all the good pictures of the real blade tattoos front and back.If anyone can help me out I would be very happy….thanks

50. BRADLEY
    August 3, 2006 | 5:29 am

Blade is the best show out there so what he is bald. The show is the shit

Trackbacks/Pingbacks