Juggernaut? We’re Marvel, Bitch!

Ah, the internet. Where else could a lone geek put together an X-Men parody based on the semi-obscure character, Juggernaut and have it hit critical pop culture mass in less than a year so much so that it actually inspires what is reportedly one of the high points of the third X-Men film? Marvel apparently isn’t happy, though, as the mini-film has been yanked from YouTube and other services for copyright violations according to the “The Juggernaut Bitch!” wikipedia entry.

Recently, the video has been removed from YouTube because of “Copyright Infringement”. The My Way Entertainment crew has expressed its anger toward YouTube, stating that its video is protected from Copyright Infringement due to it being a parody and the fact that they have regularly cited their sources for the parody. [1] Further more, My Way Entertainment reportedly does not plan to use their services any longer. It is unknown where My Way will release J3 as of right now or even continue on other planned sequels to some of their other parodies (that have also been removed), such as Street Fighter II: Kill Vega Vol 1 and Spiderman: Revisited.

The movie clip itself is obviously a parody, but, well, once you start marketing and selling merchandise featuring the Juggernaut character, you kind of open yourself up to some sort of legal actions. Still, I’d think Marvel would be better served be sending the My Way guys a C&D on selling their t-shirts than having their lawyers hassle YouTube.

Vote On ComicNe.ws!

Digg It!!

» Previous Post

» Next Post

15 Responses to Juggernaut? We’re Marvel, Bitch!
  1. Darren J Seeley
    December 27, 2006 | 6:32 pm

And good riddance to these over rated, unfunny bastards.

2. Zip
    December 27, 2006 | 9:31 pm

Marvel and Fox were certainly pleased enough to use the “I’m The Juggernaut Bitch!” line in X-Men 3!!! These bastards use you, make money off of you…and then tell you, no thanks, we don’t need you anymore???!!! And believe me…that Juggernaut Bitch line, and the belief that the studio and marval execs supported it, as far as being subversive enough to understand the humor in the parody, brought a lot of people into the theatres to support X-Men 3!!! Hell, I believe that the creators of the parody have a right to sue themselves, thanks to Marvel and Fox stealing their line for X-Men 3…and even using it to get publicity for the movie!!!

3. B003
    December 28, 2006 | 1:54 pm

Stupid movie and even stupider line.
    And Marvel execs by far the stupidest for pawning off this substandard crap as entertainment!

4. memo
    May 22, 2007 | 2:17 pm

Hay Boo? There’s no such word as “stupider” dumba$$ as for the movie: It was good. As for the cartoon: It was funny. Get out of your little nerdy box in the suburbs and buy yourself a funny bone.

5. T Unit
    May 22, 2007 | 3:25 pm

Memo, I think you mean Hey, not hay.

And the movie was rank.

6. AF Duncan
    May 22, 2007 | 4:56 pm

All the X-Men movies are mediocre crap.

7. T Unit
    May 22, 2007 | 6:45 pm

Andrew, no.

X2 is probably the best Superhero movie ever.

8. Daniel Brooks
    May 22, 2007 | 7:03 pm

>>All the X-Men movies are mediocre crap.<<

Except for the first 2 films, you’re 100% correct.

9. AF Duncan
    May 23, 2007 | 5:31 am

I don’t understand how anyone can like the X-Men movies, and the people who like the X-Men movies can’t understand my distate for them. This is how it has always been, and this is how it will be…until 10-15 years from now when you all see that I’m right.

10. T Unit
    May 23, 2007 | 8:29 am

Andrew, This will not happen. While X1 was mediocre, X2 is a finely crafted piece of cinema, one who’s deftly handled script and direction has not been surpassed in the genre. Batman Begins comes close, but is still missing that little something that makes X2 such a shining masterpiece.

You know I love you in ways a man should not love another man, but this is one time, you will be proven incorrect.

11. AF Duncan
    May 23, 2007 | 10:17 am

I have sincerely considered that I and the people I was with saw a different edit of X2 than everybody else.

12. T Unit
    May 23, 2007 | 10:49 am

Have you seen it a second time. My opinion of movies will drastically change after the second viewing. I was lukewarm on The Royal Tenenbaums the first viewing, but loved it after the second. I loved Spider-Man 2 after the first viewing, hated it after the second.

Try it again, without expectations. It truly is an amazing film.

13. Stephen Gerding
    May 23, 2007 | 10:58 am

It’s astonishing!!!

14. AF Duncan
    May 23, 2007 | 11:34 am

I\’ve tried to watch it on cable. Sorry, I really can\’t watch any of the X-Men movies for more than 5 minutes before I get bored out of my skull. They\’re just really generic action movies to me.

15. Justin
    June 18, 2007 | 1:35 am

Look, I think that if the movies had preceded the comics, and the original cartoons everyone would like them. However, (just as with the spiderman movies) they managed to mess up really great characters. I mean, how could you take Wolverine, and not let him say “bub” but once in all three movies? And I think that the Juggernaut video was hilarious. Not because they made it loook like he was a bada$$ but because he really isn’t.